Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 19:00 PM ET on March 15th. Litecoin has a total market cap of $9.20 billion and $567.85 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for $165.29 or 0.01996330 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including BitMarket, Cryptopia, Waves Decentralized Exchange and GOPAX. Over the last seven days, Litecoin has traded down 5.1% against the dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0318 or 0.00000384 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0035 or 0.00000043 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 3.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004262 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 6.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00004377 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.56 or 0.00006806 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 5.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.29 or 0.00015589 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 11.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00003739 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.16 or 0.00026123 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 2.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0818 or 0.00000988 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 5.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0890 or 0.00001075 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its launch date was October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,644,031 coins. Litecoin’s official message board is litecointalk.io. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.com. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: OKCoin.cn, NIX-E, Bitfinex, BX Thailand, Huobi, LiteBit.eu, Tripe Dice Exchange, Mr. Exchange, Coingi, Tux Exchange, AEX, CoolCoin, Upbit, Trade Satoshi, TDAX, CoinEgg, Coinrail, Liqui, Negocie Coins, The Rock Trading, Exrates, GOPAX, Waves Decentralized Exchange, BTC Markets, Coinbene, CoinExchange, BtcTrade.im, Bitcoin Indonesia, xBTCe, EXX, Altcoin Trader, CryptoBridge, Cryptox, Bitso, Livecoin, DSX, Koinim, Mercatox, Stocks.Exchange, Koinex, Tidex, WEX, Poloniex, LocalTrade, BitBay, QuadrigaCX, Bitmaszyna, BitGrail, Exmo, Braziliex, Bibox, Coinut, VirtacoinWorld, BitFlip, OKEx, Coinsquare, Gatecoin, Bitbank, Abucoins, Cryptopia, C-CEX, YoBit, TOPBTC, Bitsane, CoinFalcon, Bitstamp, RightBTC, Bleutrade, HitBTC, Gate.io, Kucoin, ZB.COM, Dgtmarket, Bittrex, Coinone, BitMarket, Allcoin, RippleFox, OkCoin Intl., Bits Blockchain, FreiExchange, Kraken, Bithumb, CoinsBank, GDAX, BTC-Alpha, BTC Trade UA, Bitinka, Coinhouse, Bit2C, Cryptomate, Qryptos, Binance, ChaoEX, Coinroom, BITHOLIC, OpenLedger DEX, Bittylicious, Bisq, BitKonan, COSS, SouthXchange, CoinEx, BCEX, Koineks, Bitlish, BigONE, Bit-Z and Mercado Bitcoin. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.